Kick Back, Relax*

March 08, 2017

There's nothing better than a night at home with some sweats, sweets and sinfully horrible tv... 

Now don't get me wrong, I love going out with friends and having a night on the town, but there's something just so perfect about a lovely night at home, all alone. To be fair though, I'm mostly an introvert. I love spending time by myself, and I'm definitely a home body. I'm never quite as happy as I am when I'm snuggled into my bed with a billion blankets, watching something on Netflix while I chomp away on some kind of food that would make any healthy living guru have a heart attack. Oh well, you only live once right, and I want to do it with family sized bags of BBQ and Salt & Vinegar chips.

While everyone's ideal night in is going to be different, I thought I'd share some of my key items and rituals for my perfect night. 

The Setting:
The setting is key to any perfect at home night. In my opinion, the perfect night in would be in my bedroom, with the lights dimmed and my fairy lights on. A million blankets is a must because I'm partial to wrapping myself up like a burrito whenever I want to get cozy. I'll make sure that I have a bunch of pillows so that I can adjust my sitting/laying posture as needed throughout the evening with minimal effort. If I've planned in advance for this cozy night, I'll actually tidy my room preemptively because I find myself much more at ease in a neat space. My final touch to perfect the setting is to add a furry friend or two. There's nothing quite as peaceful as having a night in with your dog, cat, etc. curled up right next to you.

Food:
Honestly this is probably my favorite part of a stay at home evening. I'm usually a pretty healthy eater, I like having a balanced diet and I love to eat foods that are good for you, but there's something about staying home and eating enough chocolate to put the Easter Bunny out of business, that just speaks to me. Of course, the next day I feel absolutely awful because of all the sugar and grease but it's definitely worth it. I'm very into having variety of different foods, I get quite bored with just one or two selections, so I kind of go over board with the shopping when I know that I'm going to be having a stay at home evening. Chocolate, of course is a must. Reese's are my favorite, I could eat them all day long. For sugary candy, I'm a sucker for Sour Patch Kids.When it comes to more savory foods, I bring out chips, maybe even buy some salsa and guacamole. I've even stopped at a local place that sells hand made crepes and gelato. I'm not as huge on ice cream as I used to be, but I'll still add it to the mix. Unsweetened iced tea or lemonade are usually my drinks of choice, but for those of legal drinking age, I totally understand pouring a glass of wine. There are so many different options for snacking food, so I always have a little bit of excitement when it comes to choosing what I'm going to have that night. 
Entertainment:
A great night really revolves around what you choose to do for entertainment. Some of my preferred activities include movie and tv show binge watching, blog reading, catching up on youtube videos and just generally surfing the internet for anything I find interesting. Sometimes I read a book or go through the ever-growing stacks of fashion and beauty magazines that somehow seem to accumulate on my bookshelf. Other times I'll just listen to some music, maybe write a little bit. Whatever activity I choose, I always make sure that I'm relaxed and I'm enjoying myself. If you're looking for any suggestions on entertainment, I've got loads. For movies, there classics like the Breakfast Club or Grease. If you're looking for something a bit more recent, the new Ghostbusters movie was incredible and I'm always a sucker for Disney's Hercules. As for tv shows, there's the 90's/2000's favorites like Friends and Gilmore Girls. How To Get Away With Murder, Vampire Diaries and The OA have all recently been interests of mine. For books, I'm dying to read Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children because I saw the movie and absolutely loved it. If you're just looking for tunes, you can never go wrong with just shuffle on Spotify, but some of my favorite artists are Ella Eyre, Sam Smith and Florence + The Machine. 
Pamper:
Pampering isn't something I do at all of my nights in, it's a bit more a of treat. If I've had a particularly rough day or my regular night in routine isn't relaxing me, I'll slap on a face mask, run a bubble bath and paint my nails. I'll usually pop a Lush product into my bath, (I'm hoping to have a Lush Haul coming up soon so look forward to that) some of my favorites include Big Blue, Avobath and Intergalactic. My choice face mask is usually the Origins Charcoal Mask which I wrote a post on here. Finally, my nails will probably be sporting an Essie polish, seeing as they're my favorites. My top pick is Ballet Slippers, which is the prettiest shade of soft pink. 
Ensemble: 
The final part of my night in is my clothing. I am a comfy dresser by design, I don't really like feeling uncomfortable in what I choose to put on my body. This is part of the reason why lounge clothing is my favorite kind. Sweats, bralettes and cozy sweaters may as well be my uniform. Basically anything I'm going to sleep in makes the cut. When it's too warm for sweats, a giant t-shirt and pretty underwear usually make the cut. I don't know about all of you, but I'm strongly of the mindset that just because no one is going to see your underwear, doesn't mean it can't be super pretty. Dress up for yourself, you deserve it. A brand that does pretty underwear as well as stunning pajamas is Adore Me. They're an online retailer and if you're looking to pick up some pretty but comfy new bits, I highly recommend checking out their site. 


What are some of your night in must haves?
Follow


*this post was  in collaboration with the brand Adore Me



You Might Also Like

0 comments