Valentines Day Picks

February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day! 

This year was actually my first year with a valentine, so I was quite excited. While obviously you don't need a significant other to celebrate and enjoy Valentines Day, there's family and friends to share your love with, it was quite nice to experience what it's like to have one specific person you want to share it with. 
As some of you may know, I'm into very simple and understated things. I think my makeup quite simple, I like very fresh and clean scents, I'm a very no fuss person. Keeping all of that in mind, I keep my Valentines Day picks along the same lines. I wanted a pretty, pink and sweeter-than-a-cupcake vibe. To start off the day, I used The Body Shop's Shower Gel in British Rose. I really like this scent, I think it was practically made for Valentines Day. It's not too strong but still carries a floral scent. I painted my nails a couple days ago with an Essie polish in the shade Ballet Slippers. This is probably my most used polish ever. I love this shade of pink, I think it's perfect for pretty much every occasion. 
For my main makeup bits, I used MAC's All That Glitters all over my lid. It gives a very subtle but pretty look that I think worked really well with my overall idea. For some other shadow shades, I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I used Strange for highlights on my brow bone and Factory in my crease to give my eyes a bit of definition but nothing too smoky or dark. For my highlight, which is becoming one of my favorite aspects of makeup, I used my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal. I adore this highlighter, it's such a gorgeous color and the quality of the product itself is incredible. I've got Champagne Pop on my to-get list. 
For my lips, I used some of my most trusted products. I constantly have dry lips so I apply chapstick like there is no tomorrow. One of my favorites is the Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips. This has done wonders to moisturize my lips and heal cracks. My lips instantly feel better after I use this, plus it smells soooo good. My only other lip product was the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat liner in Pillow Talk. A widely known and loved product, Pillow Talk was the perfect way to get a study matte lip with a understated and pretty color. The perfect final touch!
What were some of your Valentines Day picks?

Follow





You Might Also Like

0 comments