Dry Skin Saviors

February 22, 2017

Dry skin is a nightmare, but it doesn't have to be one you have...

Winter basically sucks all the moisture out of everything in the world, including our skin. Everything is dry, cold, and cracked. Unpleasant, no? While I don't think there is a way to avoid the initial moisture suckage of winter, I think there are many ways to easily combat it. 
I'm prone to combination skin, both on my face and everywhere else. There are parts that are incredibly oily, but then there are also parts that are drier that the Sahara Desert. I have to be very careful about how I inject moisture into these dry parts because if I moisturize the oily parts by accident, I may as well become an oil mogul because I'll have enough to provide for a small country. I've found a multitude of products that are combination skin safe, while still helping to repair the dry and damaged bits. 
Yes To Argan Oil Mud Mask- This one is a little weird. It's like a mud mask but it's also not because it's infused with argan oil so it's a bit more gelatinous than a regal mud mask would be. I do find that when I need a quick moisture surge, this is great because it only takes like 5-7 minutes and then you can just throw away the package when you're done. 
Lush Ocean Salt Body and Face Scrub- I'm not going to lie to you, I hate the smell of this one, but I love what it does so I continue to use it. I find that a lot of body and face scrubs can be drying which only contribute to the problem we're trying to solve. This one isn't drying in the slightest, it actually leaves me feeling quite moisturized, and it manages to buff away a lot of dead skin that contributes to dryness. I always feel very refreshed after I use this, which is especially appreciated on those mornings where it's just so hard to get going. I would recommend using this more than 2-3 times a week, partially because it's a Lush product and they can be kind of expensive but also because it does such good job, you don't really need to. 
Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser- I briefly mentioned this is my Pixi brand focus (here) but I thought it really deserved it's own little blurb in this post as well. If you're looking for an intense moisture mask/cleanser, this is it. I use this when I feel my skin is really horribly dry and it literally could take an entire pot of moisturizer and still be bad. I usually put this on and leave it for about a half an hour, whilst doing chores or watching tv. It sets really nicely into the skin and is super easy to remove. I hate when masks are impossible to get off, I don't have the patience to be sitting there removing goop from my face for half an hour. After it's all off, my face instantly feels so moisturized, it's actually incredible.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream- I picked this up on a whim and am so glad that I did. I was in need of a new hand creme that I could just toss into any bag, and after remembering all the good things I had heard about this brand, I decided to give it a go. I really like that is doesn't have a strong smell as a lot of lotions do, it's very clean smelling without the use of perfumes. It doesn't leave my hands feeling oily and it sinks in pretty quickly which is really nice. It's a definite recommend. 
Kiehls Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque- I did a bit of an introduction to this product in my Kiehls brand focus post (here) so I won't go too in-depth with the review. I wouldn't use this mask as a moisturizing one, it's strength is really exfoliating the skin. Whenever I use the mask, my skin feels so soft afterwards, it's literally like brand new skin. This is a pretty intense exfoliator so I would advise against using this more than once a week. Once ever two weeks is probably better, especially if you have sensitive skin. 
L'Occitane Creme Mains and Creme Pieds- The final two products were Christmas gifts, which I was very grateful to receive because L'Occitan is such a lovely brand. I use these two cremes sparingly because they're so nice, but when I do decide to use them, I always really enjoy the results. I have the hand and foot creme, and I'll usually put both on right before bed. This makes it so when I wake up, they're both super moisturized and they feel great!


What are some of your dry skin saviors?


You Might Also Like

0 comments