Tartelette In Bloom

January 21, 2017

This palette takes my breath away...

This might rank as the prettiest palette I've ever owned. From the packaging to the shadows, everything is absolutely perfect. Tarte's Tartelette In Bloom palette is one I've been after for a while. I had contemplated buying it for ages and finally decided that is was just to beautiful not to own. Tarte is one of my favorite brands. They never fail to produce gorgeous, high quality products and this palette is no exception.  
Firstly, the packing is stunning. It's incredibly sturdy with gold hardware and a large mirror. Having a big mirror in a palette like this is great because it makes the palette perfect for traveling. I forgot to take a picture of the palette closed (silly me) but the outside is gorgeous. It's a bunch of purply-pink watercolor painted flower petals and I honestly think it's one of the prettiest things I've ever seen. The palette snaps closed so it's very secure and there's no need to worry about it opening at random times and the shadows being damaged. 
Onto the contents of the palette, let me just saw wow. If you're a lover of of neutrals with a pink or gold undertone, this palette is a must have. There are twelve shadows, of which only three are shimmery. I was very surprised by that because often, palettes mostly consist of shimmers with maybe two or three mattes thrown in. I really like that this palette is mostly mattes because it makes every shade wearable for every day. Sometimes I feel that with shimmer heavy palettes, a lot of the shades are just a bit too much for a day to day look and the mattes that included in the palette are usually poorly pigmented or unfavorable shades. In Bloom nails every single shade, making them all wearable, pigmented and long lasting. Plus they're all gorgeous, what more could you want? I think this palette covers all it's bases nicely. From an inner corner highlight to all over shadows, to liners, it's got a shadows for everything. 
Bottom to Top- Charmer, Jetsetter, Rocker, Smokeshow, Flower Child, Smarty Pants, Firecracker, Activist, Funny Girl, Sweetheart, Rebal, Leader
Charmer- Described as an off white, I think Charmer is perfect for highlighting the brow bone as well as brightening up the inner corner of the eye. 
Jetsetter- A warm taupe that I think it perfect for a light and subtle smoky eye. 
Rocker- The first of the shimmer shades is classed as shimmering taupe. This taupe has a fair bit of silver and grey in it, setting it a part from anything else in the palette. 
Smokeshow- No palette is complete without a matte black. While this shade is not a true midnight black, being described as a black brown is close enough. 
Flower Child- One of my more used shades in the palette, Flower child is a peachy nude that looks stunning as a base or an all over shadow. 
Smarty Pants- The name makes me giggle. As the lightest brown in the palette, Smarty Pants is described as tan. 
Firecracker- The shimmer that sold me on this palette, Firecracker is bronze copper that looks true to it's name. 
Activist- The perfect dark brown matte for blending into your crease. 
Funny Girl-This is without a doubt my most loved shade in the entire palette. Funny Girl is the most beautiful champagne, with enough shimmer to rival a chandelier. I've used this shade everyday since I got this palette, either paired with other shadows or just on it's own. Either way, it's completely gorgeous!
Sweetheart- Described as a peach, I think Sweetheart will be perfect for matte looks during the spring/summer. 
Rebal- A stunning chestnut brown that looks a lot more red than it actually is. 
Leader- While this is classed as aubergine, I feel like the undertones are more red-brown than purple. While this shade is beautiful, it's a bit more daring than I'd use from day to day so I have yet to really try it out. 

I'm in love with this palette. I think it's stunning in every aspect and I'm very excited for all the different eye looks I can create with it. 

Have you tried the Tartelette In Bloom palette?


Follow


You Might Also Like

0 comments