Beating Those January Blues

January 19, 2017

Bye bye blues...

January is often a bit of a downer month. All of the festivities are over, your wallet is slim and everyone has to go back to work/school. While it's not a horrible time, it's just a bit sad. After all the excitement of the holidays, all the time off and being able to relax, getting back into the swing of things is a bit of a downer. I've been having a little bit of trouble this month because it seems like all my school work has tripled in amount and difficulty, as well as the stress of coming out of the holiday relax season has really been impacting me. I've got so many things to focus on at the moment, I'm definitely feeling a bit scatterbrained. I've been doing my best to try and beat these January blues and I thought I'd let you know how, just incase any of you are trying to do the same.
Fresh Paint
Whilst I can't afford a mani-pedi right now because of the after holiday saving period, I'm more of a paint my own nails type of girl anyway. I just don't get on well with people touching my feet, it weirds me out. But like most beauty lovers, I like to to have nicely painted nails so I take the time to relax and paint them. I find this is a great time to put on Netflix or Youtube and have a little chill out. The nail polishes I mostly reach for a light or pastel colors, ballet slipper pink being a favorite color of mine. My favorite polish at the moment is the Essie Gel Couture in Fairy Tailor. 

Save For A Goal
One of the hardest things I find in January is my limited shopping rule. Because I'm trying to build my bank account back up after the blow it took around Christmas, plus some exciting things I'm planning for in the summer, I've been having to be very frugal with my money. As someone who loves to shop, I've had to work very hard to keep myself away from the shops. The easiest way I've found to save is to set myself a goal, say $200, $500, $1000, whatever is applicable for your income, and once I've saved that much money, I can treat myself to a little prize whether it be a new item of clothing or makeup, etc. This feels rewarding and it makes sure that you're not breaking the bank. 

Discover (Or Rediscover) Things
Whether it be a new tv show, some new music or a new book. Maybe a kind of food or a once loved palette that has gone untouched for months. Mess around with your hair, try some daring eyeliner, maybe a bold lip. Just changing things up in day to day life is an easy way to keep things interesting and exciting. 

Have A Refresh
Sometimes to best way to beat the blues is to take a break and relax. One of my favorites is to set my laptop up in the bathroom, watch a movie and take a bubble bath. If I have any goodies from Lush, I'll pop something in and I'll make everything nice and relaxing. I also like to have a complete cleanse, so I do a face mask, a body scrub, maybe wash and deep condition my hair, etc. Once I feel clean, I feel so much better about anything going on. 

What are some of your ways to beat the January blues?


Follow





You Might Also Like

0 comments