2017 Goals

January 01, 2017

Another year has come and gone...

And my, my, my, it has been an interesting one. 2016 was my year of recovery, and it went pretty well. I've experienced a lot of changes this past year and I'm very excited to see what 2017 brings. Last year, I uploaded a blog post talking about two of my blogging goals for 2016 and I only was able to accomplish one. I think my photos have definitely gotten better, I got a DSLR for my birthday and personally I think it has improved the quality of my photos a lot. While obviously you don't need to have a fancy camera to blog, I find that it does make the photography piece so much easier. As for my DSLR, I'm completely in love with it and I'm so grateful to have received it. Any who, onto my goals.
Consistency:
This was one of my goals for 2016 and unfortunately, I failed it. I strongly believe in trying again when you fail something, so that's exactly what I'll be doing. I want to upload regularly, twice a week. I think this will really help grow my blog and I do think it is doable. Whether or not I'm going to be posting a certain days, I haven't decided yet but there will hopefully be two new blog posts minimum each week. If I get a little extra inspiration, a third one might sneak in there. I really want to be able to successfully do Blogmas next year but I know that I will need to work on my regular blogging consistency before I get there. 
Social Media:
I'm absolutely terrible when it comes to social media. I just forget to use it. I find myself reaching for my phone less and less, which would be great but a lot of the blogging community is based around social media interaction. In 2017, I'm going to try to use my social media outlets more, so to connect with other bloggers and well as grow some more traffic for my blog. At the bottom of every post, I link my social media outlets as well as having them on the side and top of my blog template. 
Find My Love For Fashion Again:
I love fashion. I have always loved fashion, but in 2016, I kind of let my style go. I fell into a pattern of just throwing on jeans and a top or some leggings and a sweater. I didn't jump on many of the trends (something that I love to do, not going to lie) and I sort of fell into a style rut. I would regularly go into stores and not find a single clothing item I wanted to buy. This really depressed me because I felt like I was failing to do something that I love. In 2017, I'm going to try really hard to get back into fashion. Whether it be by expanding the range of stores I shop in or saving up and buying pricier pieces that I absolutely adore, I want to be able to look in my closet and feel happy by what I see. 
Expand My Beauty Horizons:
I got a lot more into beauty this past year than I was expecting. There were so many incredible products that were released and I just couldn't help myself. In 2017, I'd like to continue the expansion of my beauty horizons. I love trying new brands, testing out new products and just seeing what little beauties are being produced. As a Christmas present, my mother got me a subscription to Birchbox, which will definitely help me try out new brands. 
Actually Care About Skincare:
If there was an award for being bad about skincare, I would win it. In the past, I just haven't cared that much about it, which I know is ridiculous because it is actually very important. In 2017, I'm going to get better with my skincare. I'm actually going to cleanse my face fully, I'm going to start moisturizing and purifying and toning and more. I've decided it's time to treat my skin better and I'm very excited to make a foray into the skincare industry. If you have any recommendations, please leave them below because I need all the help I can get. 
Drink More Water:
This actually follows my previous goal nicely. Now I know it's a cliche but it's something I really need to sort doing. I'm so forgetful when it comes to drinking water and since I get really bad headaches regularly, I think it would be medically beneficial if I increased my water intake. There's also the added bonus that more water keeps acne at bay and increases the health of skin and the overall body. I'm going to look into one of those water tracking apps because I've had multiple friends tell me they work really well.

Those are really my main goals for 2017, I have some smaller ones but these six pretty much sum up what I'm determined to accomplish this year. 

What are some of your 2017 goals?

Follow





You Might Also Like

0 comments