The Christmas Beauty Edit

December 25, 2016

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

This song was on full blast whilst I was writing because why not, it's Christmas and it's definitely the most wonderful time of the year! Seeing as this post will be uploaded on Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone has a wonderfully festive day! I thought I'd share what products I'll be using to create my Christmas Day look. 

Base:
For my base I'm using the Too Faced Hangover Face Primer, which I've recently become obsessed with because it makes my makeup last so much longer than when I don't use it. My foundation is the Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation. This foundation is pretty high coverage and stays matte all day. I usually use this when I know I'm going to be taking lots of photos or doing something all day long. My concealer is the Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer which is super lightweight so it pairs nicely with the heavy foundation. I think if I had a heavy foundation and and a heavy concealer my face would feel super weighed down. Next I'm powdering with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in translucent. This powder coupled with the matte foundation keeps shine at bay all day. Finally I'll be contouring with Benefit's Hoola and highlighting with Japonesque's highlighter in Champagne Gold 01. 

Eyes:
As for eyes, I'm using the Nars Duo in Isolde. I'll be using both shades in this duo, the gold from my inner eye to the middle of my lid and the copper on the outer v of my eye. I'll then be using MAC's Woodwinked from the middle of my eye to the outer edge of the lid. This will darken the golden part of the eye. In the inner corner of my eye, I'm adding MAC's Pigment in Vanilla. This is perfect for the inner eye because it's such a pure white shimmer. Next I'll be using Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner to line the top of my lid.

Lashes and Brows:
For mascara, I'm using Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes and then I'm applying Eylure's Fake Lashes in 031. These are super natural looking lashes but they do give a little extra volume, which is great. To fill in my brows, I'm using Anastasia Beverly Hills's Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown.

Lips and Nails:
The final touches for my Christmas look are the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Dolce Vita and Butter London's nail polishes in The Full Monty and Ladybird (no longer available). These little touches really bring the festivity to the whole look.

I'd just to say a massive thank you to every one of you that takes the time to read and support this blog. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year!

What are you wearing on Christmas Day?

Follow

Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pintrest







You Might Also Like

0 comments