Soft Christmas Eyes

December 18, 2016

Festive makeup is the best makeup...

Once Christmas rolls around, everyone pulls out their red lipsticks, fancy dresses and pretty shoes. I am no different. When wearing a red lip, I like to keep my eyes pretty simple because the lip color is the main event. Simple doesn't have to mean boring, believe me I still bring out the glitter, but I do so with with more subdued tones. I like to couple the eyeshadow with winged liner, and fake lashes to give a fluttery doe-eyed look.

Eyeshadow:
For my base, I've used the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette in the shade YDK. YDK is described as a cool bronze shimmer but I think it's more of a silvery pink than a bronze. I've also blended a little bit under my bottom lashes. In the outer v of my eye, I've used Stila's Eyes Are The Window palette in the shade Being. Being is a matte chocolate brown, and it's probably one of my most used shadows every. It's such a versatile shade, it pretty much pairs beautifully with any color and is perfect for day or night. I took a little bit of the extra shadow and blended it under the very outer edge of my lower lash line. Finally, I added some of MAC's Loose Pigment in the color Vanilla. This is the most beautiful product ever and it's stunning on the inner eye. If you haven't already tried it out, I 100% recommend you do!
Eyeliner:
While I am not a pro at winged liner, I do attempt it every once and a while. An all time favorite liquid liner of mine is Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner. This liner is without a doubt one of the best I've ever used. It does literally stay all day, no smudging, no wear and tear. The nib is pointed and super skinny which makes application a breeze for those who are liner challenged (me).
Lashes:
Lastly, lashes. For mascara, I used my trusty Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara. This is my most repurchased mascara of all time. I love the formula as well as the look it gives my lashes. It's super light weight, doesn't flake and doesn't smudge. Once my mascara has dried, I applied Eylure's Natural lashes which give an exaggerated but elegant and simple look. Eylure's lashes are great, they're so easy to apply, which is fantastic because I'm amazingly untalented at applying false lashes.
What are your favorite eye looks for Christmas?

Follow


You Might Also Like

0 comments