5 Must Have Brushes

November 30, 2016

Ahhh my ever growing obsession, brushes. They're just so soft and fluffy, not to mention useful. I love brushes, I think they're one of my favorite things the beauty world has to offer. There are so many different kinds for so many different uses, it's mind boggling. Everyone has their preferences, whether it be by brand, make, type of bristle and such on. Today I thought I'd share five of my favorite brushes of my current collection. I've tried to include brushes that span five different uses, but there are so many more to choose from. 
Zoeva 317 Wing Liner: First of all, Zoeva brushes are some of the best in the business. I received two sets for my birthday last year and I've been completely in love with them ever since. These brushes aren't the cheapest, but they are definitely worth it for the quality. I've used them pretty much everyday for a year now and they're basically as good as new. They're easy to clean and they haven't really lost any of their bristles which is fantastic! One of my favorite brushes from Zoeva is the Wing Liner brush. This is the perfect eyebrow brush. Not necessarily its intended purpose but who actually pays attention to that? It's small so it's very easy to maneuver and the angle is the perfect shape for drawing an arch. Whether the product be gel, cream or powder, this brush gets the job done. 
Sephora Angled Shadow Brush: I have this brush for about two years and I hadn't really used it until the past three months. I bought it in a set and the other brushes in the set drew my attention more than this one. I finally picked it up to use because all my normal brushes were dirty (go figure) and I needed a clean eyeshadow brush. Since then, I've been using it pretty regularly. The angle of the bristles makes applying a color to the entire eyelid so much easier because it fits with the curve of the eye. 
Zoeva 224 Luxe Defined Crease: Another Zoeva brush! They're just so amazing. Whenever someone asks me for a brushes recommendation, Zoeva is first on the list. The Zoeva Luxe Defined Crease has become my go to blending brush. It's your basic fluffy blush but what I really like about it is it's very slim and square. Most fluffy brushes are very full and have a tampered effect with the brushes which I find a little hard to control when I want a really neat blended look. It's also the perfect size for blending right in the crease because it is so slim.
MAC 217: If there's any brush that everyone in the beauty world knows and loves, it's the MAC 217. If I had a nickel for every time I heard something good about this brush, I'd be a very rich woman. Granted, all the praise this brush receives is definitely warranted. I've only had it for a couple weeks and it's easily become one of my favorite brushes. I know a lot of people use it for blending but I actually just prefer it for applying color to the my outer eye and then I'll blend with a different brush. This is actually my first MAC brush and I'll have to say, based on this brush, they live up to the hype. I'll have to go pick up some more!
Real Techniques 100 Arched Powder: Another brush I don't use for its actual purpose... I've never powdered with this brush, so it may be great for it, I don't know. I usually use this brush for highlighting because bristles are very long, making they're application of powder products easy because you can just lightly dust on the product. If necessary, you can build up the thin layers. I love that this brush has a really long handle, and the fact that it is totally metallic is just a bonus!

What are some of your favorite brushes?

Follow





You Might Also Like

0 comments