Sigma Warm Neutrals Palette

October 19, 2016

Lately I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone in all aspects of my life. This includes the type of makeup that I choose to wear. Most of the time, I fall into a routine of just wearing certain colors and certain products which puts me in a super boring rut. If you have been reading for a while, you probably know that when it comes to eye shadows, I'm definitely a neutrals and earth tones kind of girl. I think that they're flattering on my skin tone and I've always liked more of an understated look. The Sigma Warm Neutrals palette is a little out of my comfort zone. I've only ever owned one really pink palette (the Naked 3), and I never felt comfortable enough to wear some of the colors. This palette has a lot of pink but it also has some more neutral and wearable colors. 
I had only ever read a couple of reviews about this palette and those were quite a while ago. I basically bought this palette blind as I had never had an opportunity to swatch it, and I've never actually seen it in person because none of the beauty stores around me carry Sigma products. I'm not usually one for spontaneous purchases when it comes to eyeshadow palettes. I like to be able to see how the colors look on my skin and make sure that I'm going to be happy making this purchase, but so far I've been pretty happy that I took a leap of faith and purchased this. It adds a new set of colors to my usual collection and they're all gorgeous. 
L to R- Oyster Sand, Sugar Milk, Mild Mannered, Dove
Oyster Sand- This is one of the very pink colors in this palette but I really like it. It's got a light blue undertone to it and the glitter in it is pretty chunky. I think this one looks nice close to the inner corner of the eyes, but it's definitely more of a statement look. 
Sugar Milk- This is one of my most used shades in the palette because honestly who doesn't like a light matte creme for highlighting and brightening? I use this as a base for a lot of my eyeshadows and I usually blend it all the way up to the brow bone. 
Mild Mannered- The next shade is such a gorgeous color, I was actually stunned when I swatched it. It's a very light purple with grey and pink undertones. There's a slight shimmer to it but nothing over the top. I think it's a perfect color for winter because it will go so well with all the dark purples that people are oh so fond of. 
Dove- Another purple, this one is just a little bit darker. I like to pair this shadow with Mild Mannered because they're absolutely perfect together. I'd say the shadow is an outer crease shade but it's not too smoky to wear during the day. 
L to R- Fawn, Cinnamon, Russet, Balanced
Fawn-Looking at this shade for the first time, I thought it was unique and once I swatched it, that ideal solidified even more. I've never seen a color like it, it's sort of grey but also sort of silver but then I looked at it in a different light and it look gold. Let's just go with this shade is metallic because I have no idea what color it falls under.
Cinnamon-Another matte shade that I'm completely in love with. I was a little surprised to find how pink this brown was. It's a very bright light caramel brown that apply incredibly smoothly and is very creamy.
Russet-The final purple, I would classify as a deep, royal looking purple. The color payoff of this shade is amazing. Sometimes darker shades are a bit weak and take a lot of build up but this one gave such strong color after one to two layers.
Balanced- This is probably my favorite shade in the palette because I think it's so wearable. It's a gold shimmer with pink undertones that I think is gorgeous. It's closer to the shades I normally wear, but I feel like it's still a little bit different. Love it!
L to R- Cozy, Innocent, Optimistic, Warm Stone
Cozy- Every palette needs a shade like this. I think this matte is one on of the nicest matte browns I've ever used. A lot of browns are either too dark or too light, and I feel like this one is a perfect medium. It's light enough where you could apply a thin layer for an all-over shadow but dark enough that you could layer it from an outer crease smoky shadow.
Innocent- This is probably one of the two shades in the palette I'm not too fond of and probably will not wear unless it's for some specific reason. I don't really like the bubblegum pink color. I think it just looks a little tacky. The quality of the shadow is nice though. All of the mattes in this palette are very creamy and soft.
Optimistic- This is the other shade that I'm not too crazy about. It's a very bright pink shimmer shade that I can't see myself wearing. The color of the shimmer itself is really lovely, it's sort of an iridescent white.
Warm Stone- The final shade reminds me of a Too Faced shade called Chocolate Martini. They both are matte brown shades with gold shimmer. I think this shade is very pretty, and it goes lovely with golds.

I've had this palette for a while now, and although I haven't worn it as much as I would have liked, I think some of these shadows are going to be staples in my collection. The packaging is very sleek and simple which I like and the mirror is a perfect size for doing makeup on the go.
I would recommend buying this palette if you're looking for shadows with pink undertones. A lot of these shades will be perfect for winter and I can't wait to wear it more often!




Follow



You Might Also Like

0 comments