Yes to Face Masks

August 17, 2016

I've never been a huge user of face masks, partially because I never have the time and partially because I never really want to splurge for the actual bottle of mask because they tend to be expensive. When it comes to skincare, I want to be pretty sure that I'm going to like the product because I want to feel like my money is being well spent. If I'm not pretty sure that I'm going to like the product, I don't see any reason to pay for the full product. I know a bunch of beauty places offer the ones in little packets but for some reason those never appealed to me, until today that is. 
Once again I was taking a casual stroll through my local Ulta when I decided to venture into the skincare section. I rarely do this so a lot of the products there were foreign to me. I noticed the Yes to section and this sparked something in my mind. I've heard a lot of good things about this brand from countless people so I thought I'd go ahead and pick something up. I noticed the Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask in it's tube form and decided I really wanted to try it, but of course the fear of the unknown stopped me from buying it. I then spotted the mask in a packet form, along with multiple other kinds. With them only being a little over 3 bucks a piece, I felt this was a much better idea. I picked up 5 different kinds of masks with the intention of trying them all out, deciding which ones I liked the best and then purchasing the full size of those products. 
The first three masks I picked up are mud masks. If I decide to use a mask, it's usually a mud mask so these were much more up my alley than the other two masks I picked up. There were four options but I was only able to get three (fourth was out of stock). The three masks I got were the primRose Oil Mud Mask, the Argon Oil Mud Mask and the Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask. Out of the three I've only tried the detoxifying one but oh my god, if the other two are as good as it, they'll be three of the best masks I've ever used. My skin felt so amazing after using the charcoal mask, it was so soft and felt incredibly clean. I've been having a problem with breakouts over the past couple months and I really feel like this mask helped a little bit. The primrose mask is supposed to calm redness, which would be great because when I get breakouts, my nose and chin can get very red. The argon oil mask is supposed to condition and brighten the skin, which I'm not going to lie, I'm a little hesitant of. I have quite oily skin in certain areas so I'm a little scared that this mask might make it worse. On the other hand, during the summer, the heat sucks all the life out of my skin, leaving it quite dull, so it could definitely do with a brighten up. 

The other two masks I purchased are paper masks. I had never used a paper mask before and I've concluded that I don't really like them. I have a smallish face so these masks are actually gigantic on me. I was putting one of them on and just found that there was a large amount of excess mask that wasn't really on my face:( The two that I got were Cucumbers Calming Paper Mask and the Tomatoes  Acne Fighting Paper Mask. I tired the acne fighting mask and I have to say I wasn't as impressed as I was with the mud mask. I felt like the mask was really wet and soapy and left sort of residue on my face. I also didn't feel like it cleaned as deep as the mud mask. I'm still going to use the other mask, maybe I'll like it more. The cucumber one is supposed to sooth not just the skin, but the soul as well. We'll see!
Have you ever tried any of the Yes to masks?

You Might Also Like

0 comments