Sunday Chat

August 28, 2016

A post on Sunday?? This can't be! Well it is, let's just say I'm trying something new. 

The Queens Empire has always been my little corner of the internet. It's the place where I share my thoughts, my ideas and my opinions on whatever I want. This blog and everyone who takes the time to read it are extremely important to me and I've realized that I haven't shared a lot about my day to day life with you. You know some basic things about my life but nothing really in detail. While my privet details while continue to stay under the radar, I want to share more with you. I've decided that I'm going to try and do a little monthly update about the random things going on in my life.
1. Start of School
Along with a lot of the world, I will be returning to school shortly and unlike years in the past, I'm not completely dreading it. I'm not exactly looking forward to it but it doesn't seem like the worst thing at the moment. That could very well change once it actually starts. I have both a rigorous and relaxed schedule (dose that even make sense?) I have a few free periods which will be great opportunities to get both school work and blog work done. I'm going to try to post consistently this coming year, if you've been reading for a while, you know this is something I struggle with. My blog has become a lot more important to be over the last couple months so I'm going to work extra hard to keep it running. Apart from my free periods, I'm taking the second level to the fashion design class I took last year. I'm very excited for this because I'll get to create a full collection of 5 outfits, which I intend to do a whole post about in six to seven months. Academically, I'm taking some pretty difficult classes but they all interest me so I'm hoping they won't be too painful.
2. Excited for Autumn
It's still ridiculously hot here but I can't help but be excited for autumn. It's 100% my favorite time of year. I can't wait for the chilly mornings and the beginnings of frost of the windows. The trees start to change and you can smell the difference in the air. Everything becomes clean and crisp. Scarves and boots come out of storage and the colors all change from bright pinks and oranges to deep reds, purples, blues and black. The holiday season is just around the corner and everyones moods switch into spooky and festive. It's a breath of fresh air.
3. NEEDTOBREATH –– H A R D L O V E
I'm completely obsessed with this album. I was sitting in my car and the song Happiness came on and I instantly fell in love. I cranked up the volume and tried to sing along even though I didn't know any of the words. I had never heard of the band before but they've been around for about 10 years. I must have been living under a rock that whole time. Even though this album is the only one I really really like, they're still an extremely talented group and I love their unique sound. The bio on iTunes described them as a southern rock band but I'm not to sure how well that description fits them. I would say if you like upbeat, sort of soul filled music and voices with a fun beat and a jazzy sax in the background, you should give this album a listen. Or if you like acoustic, guitar strumming slow beats with a sad message, you should give this album a listen. Basically you should just give this album a listen...
4. Turning Into An Insomniac
This one sucks, I'm not going to lie. Lately I've been having problems sleeping and trust me when I tell you I'm someone who needs a full eight hours to be pleasant and functional. Somehow with school, I can manage on less but I think since I haven't been forced to survive on 5 hours a night for a couple months, I've lost my tolerance. It's like I just can't turn my brain off. Once I finish with an idea or a thought process, a new one jumps in and takes it's place. It's a never ending cycle. Even now, I'm writing this and it's the middle of the night. I need to go to bed!! Any tips?
5. New Members of the Family
Probably the most exciting thing in my life at the moment is my family is going to have one, maybe two new additions to it. As this post is going up (bless scheduled posting), I'm in the car on the way to pick up a new kitten. Maybe two. My family and I went to visit them a few weeks ago but they weren't quite old enough to bring home so we've been waiting in complete agony. I hoping to do a full introductory post on them, but if not, I can promise that my social media will be plastered with photos of them (links below).

What are some of the random things going on in your life?

Follow



You Might Also Like

0 comments