BH Cosmetics Cari Bybel Palette

August 06, 2016

Shhh, no it's not another eyeshadow palette. Why would I feel the need to purchase another when I have so many already? Oh wait, maybe... I'm addicted. Oops...
Yeah, I'm definitely addicted to palettes so I decided to pick up the BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel eyeshadow and highlight palette. I'd seen a review of this palette ages ago and I remember thinking how pretty it was but I never wrote down the name or bookmarked the page. This led to me forgetting completely about it until was I walking through Ulta and I saw it hiding behind the check out counter. I basically argue-begged with the check out woman about letting me buy the palette even though it wasn't being officially sold yet. She finally caved, (thank god because people in the line were getting stressy) and let me purchase it. 
The palette contains 10 eyeshadows ( 5 matte, 5 shimmer) and 4 highlighters as I mentioned in my July Favorites. This is basically a neutrals palette, which is great because who doesn't love neutral colored eyeshadows. There aren't any shade names which is sort of a let down to me because I love the creativeness but it's not that big of a deal. The palette very lightweight, to the point where I was surprised when I picked it up. The packaging is white with pale light blue stripes. It's very simple but very pretty which I really like. I think the palette itself has a very high quality look which is great because it wasn't expensive at all. I purchased this palette at $14.50 which is much lower than most palettes I own. Even though the price is low, the quality of the shaodws is not. The pigmentation is ridiculous, I was stunned the first time I swatched it. The color payoff is insane for both the eyeshadows and the highlighters. 
Top Row (Left to Right)
Second Row (Left to Right)
Highlighters (Left to Right)
Now I'm not going to lie to you, I pretty much bought this palette for the highlighters and I
definitely wasn't disappointed. There are four highlight shades, which range from a light champagne pink to a deep golden bronze. While I can only account for my skin tone, I do think there is at least one shade for everyone. Since the look of highlighting to the point where you look like a glazed donut is big, a pretty light dusting two or three times of any of these highlighters is the way to go. Of course if you like a more subtle look, you can just have one layer. 
This palette is extraordinarily versatile, I think it's definitely going to be a staple in my growing collection. If you're looking for a cheaper palette to purchase without giving up on the quality, I 100% recommend this one. With the quality of this product, I probably would have payed a fair amount more than it's priced at. It's amazing deal! 
Have any of you tried this palette? If so, what did you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments