Easy Summer Hair & Makeup

July 23, 2016

Hello loves,
    As you all know (if you read my last post, if not check it out) I was recently in Georgia. As I said in the post, it was very hot and humid there so my hair strongly resembled that of a pissed of poodle with a perm. Not pretty. I basically had to live with my hair up for the entirety of the trip. While I am a lover of buns because they’re so easy and functional, I tend to get a little bored with my go to high messy bun after a while. 


I decided to try something new and ended up with a low side bun with a braid wrapped around it. It’s cute, easy and a nice change so I thought I’d share it with you. All I did was braid the front section of my hair and then loosen it up so the braid was larger. Then I made the low side bun, which is super messy but I really like that look and wrapped the braid around the bun. To secure it I wrapped the end of the braid into the hair band and then stuck some bobby pins wherever I had unwanted flyaway hairs. Piece of cake!

My makeup was super simple, partially because it was so hot and I didn’t want it to end up sliding off my face. For my base I used the Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer and the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. For my contour I used the Tarte Park Ave Princess. This contour is so pigmented so I have it blended out a lot because I like a more subtle look. I actually didn’t fill in my eyebrows for this specific look (couldn’t be bothered) so they’re just brushed out. On my tightline I have Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in BlackNoir. I’ve never seen anyone talk abut this product, all the hype usually goes to the Glow Tonic but this liner definitely hype worthy. It’s got such a creamy consistency, which makes application so easy. On my lids I have Stilas Light (base) and Individual (middle) shadows from the Eyes Are the Window palette. The outer corner shadow is Showstopper Copper by Tarte and I lined my upper lash line with Tartes Dim The Lights eyeshadow.  I finished off with Tartes Lights Camera Lashes mascara coupled with Benefits Roller Lash mascara.

It's such an easy look to do, I don't know why I hadn't worn it before! What are some of your go to hairstyles and makeup products for the summer?



You Might Also Like

0 comments