How To Handle Curly Hair

February 10, 2016

Hello loves,



For those of us who have curly hair understand the total nightmare it can be. It's ridiculously hard to manage, with the frizz, being super dry, and that one chunk of hair that just won't curl properly. After years of struggle I've finally found a way to handle my hair and it's not by straightening the life out of it everyday. If you have curly hair, one of the most efficient ways to damage your curls is by straightening it everyday. The high heat, even with heat protectant, destroys curls. I used to straighten my hair everyday and on the rare day that I would leave my hair curly, it would look awful. I finally decided to stop straightening my hair for a whole summer and I can't tell you have a difference it made. My curls looked so much better, my hair was healthier and I felt a lot better about it. 

I found that the shampoo and conditioner that I use make a big difference on my hair as well. For about the las six months, I've been using the Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Curl Defining Shampoo and the Not Your Mothers Way To Grow Long & Strong Conditioner. The combination of the two makes my hair less frizzy and curl better as well and making it more hydrated and healthy. When my hair is wet, I put the Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Leave-In Conditioner and use the L'Orèal Paris Curve It Curl Elastic Mousse. The leave in conditioner is the extra strength I need to keep my frizz in check. The mousse helps keep my curls in place without making them crunchy and hard. For some extra defense against the oil that curls can produce, I use the Not Your Mothers Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo. With curly hair, I don't necessarily need the extra texture that the dry shampoo gives but I often need the oil control. Especially if I don't wash my hair for a day or two. The last product I use is the OGX Renewing Argon Oil. This is usually after my hair dries and I'm ready to get on with my day. It keeps my curls soft and it also helps to stop frizz. 

The last thing I use that really helps my curls stay is using creaseless hair ties. The keep your hair out of your face but won't destroy the curls. They're really useful if you sleep with your hair up. 



What sorts of hair care do you use?



You Might Also Like

0 comments