The Essie Edit

January 13, 2016

Hello loves,


I've seen this type of post floating around multiple peoples blogs recently so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. That, and I hit a total block for what to put up today. Oops. Anyway, back to the point, I love nail polish, I love having nice nails but being the lazy person that I am, I rarely keep them looking nice. I'm usually rocking that chipped nail look or no polish at all. When I do get around to actually painting my nails, these are the Essie polishes that I gravitate towards.
I'm not a massive fan of super bright colors during the autumn/winter time, (during the summer you could find my nails in the dark). I prefer the more muted colors during the colder months, because I tend to wear darker colors and always looks really nice and subtle. Essie is great quality polish for a relatively cheap price. Most bottles run from about $7-10 in my drugstores, which I think is a pretty good price for the quality of the polish. Since I spend so much time in a cold, dry atmosphere (ice arena), my polish tends to chip twice as fast as most peoples. I've found that Essie has great staying power for those of us who aren't exactly very careful with our nails. Between the rink, painting, and just general life, my nails have never been the most clean or pretty. Essie has really been able to withstand the brutality better than any other nail polish I've tried. 


Left To Right: Ballet Slippers, Petal Pushers, Good as Gold, Fashion Playground, Chinchilly.

Ballet Slippers is a light pink with a bit of simmer that looks exactly like well, ballet slippers. Well named Essie, well named. I think this is such a classic and pretty nude. It's extremely versatile and I always get compliments on my nails when I'm wearing it. Petal Pushers is a dark blue-grey that is soooo pretty. I bought this on a whim, thinking it looked interesting and the moment I put it on, I fell in love with the color. Its the perfect mix of a muted blue and grey which is just oh so perfect for winter. Good as Gold is something I like to pull out during the October through end of January months because I think it's really seasonally appropriate. It's a soft metallic almost but not quite gold, gold. Trying to describe this color is really difficult because it's like trying to invent a new color. Fashion Playground, the name literally sounds like my personal heaven. The color is a light mint color with a bit of shimmer. I like to use this color during the weird transition period between winter and spring because it really makes it feel like spring isn't so far away. Lastly, the infamous Chinchilly.   Chinchilly is extremely popular in the world of blogging so I'm sure many of you have already heard of it or already have it. It's a purpley-grey color which I think is down right gorgeous. It pretty much just screams winter to me. 

What are some of your favorite Essie polishes?



You Might Also Like

0 comments