SOTD- Shoes Of The Day

February 19, 2015

Hello loves,
Today I wanted to share my most recent shoe purchase with you. I really like wearing boots because I think they can go with so many different outfits. Boots can be dressed up, down, sporty, girly, or whatever you want. There are also so many different kinds of boots, so everyone could probably find one they love. There are short boots, tall boots, ankle boots, knee- highs, riding boots, combat boots, heeled boots, etc. I basically own some variation of all of these.
The shoes I have on today are the Crown Vintage Carrie Bootie. I got these at DSW a little less than three weeks ago for $49.95 and I really like them. They have a 21/4 stacked heel which is really nice because it's not too high and it's quite sturdy. The upper part of the boot is made of faux suede and the boot has a zip on the side.
There are only two complaints I have with the boots. The first complaint is they do need a bit of breaking in. When I first got them, they were kind of uncomfortable, like most heels are, but now that I worn them 7 or 8 times for extended periods of time, they feel alright. The second complaint is that the opening of the boot can rub against your ankle which can be uncomfortable. I have been wearing them with jeans or tights so they haven't rubbed too badly but I think wearing them bare-legged could present a small problem.
Overall I really do love the shoes and I know that I'll get a lot of wear out of them.






 Another reason I really like these boots is because they came looking quite worn and kind of battered. I think this adds a bit of edge to the simple style of boot. I think they add a vintage rocker sort of feel to a look but they can also be a very classy addition. 
While I don't think these are the perfect pair of ankle boots, they come pretty darn close. If they didn't rub then I think they would be perfect. Have any of you found the perfect pair of ankle boots? If so let me know!

Kisses
~Dany

You Might Also Like

0 comments